All of the CNS preschool programs provide a wide-ranging play experience under the supervision of experienced teachers.
Our environment and curriculum are geared to children of the same developmental age. The curriculum emphasizes play, social interaction and creativity, and encourages curiosity and the development of self-esteem by emphasizing the child’s ability to make choices for themselves.
Daily Activities & Curriculum
At CNS, we offer an integrated thematic curriculum in a play-based classroom. This environment helps children to make connections and organize information about the themes we study through fun activities that they enjoy! We build
To Peers – encourage students to build friendships with classmates
To Adults – teach them the dynamics of a classroom and interaction with teachers
To The Curriculum – How the subjects we study connect to their lives
To express their ideas and feelings
In their knowledge and abilities
Foster discovery about our themes/subjects by reinforcing them through play, teacher-directed activities, and independent activities
- Being part of a group, sharing, taking turns, standing in a line
- Being a “good friend”
- Expressing feelings verbally
- Advocating for yourself and others when appropriate
- Following School Rules and Routines
- Identifying and writing letters
- Recognizing and writing your name
- Starting to identify letter sounds
- Learning about books – listening to stories, poems, nursery rhymes, songs
- Author studies and dramatic retelling of stories
- Answering questions and sharing their ideas about stories
- Sorting and manipulating objects to understand size, shape, color
- Counting – By ones, fives, and tens
- Patterning and sequencing
- Learning about weather, animals and their habitats, the 5 Senses, planting and growing, the environment.
- Making predictions and examining evidence
- Developing the correct grip for writing and cutting with scissors
- Using fingers or tongs to sort and organize objects
- Exploring through mediums such as sand, water, rice and beans, shaving cream, paint, and “slime”
- Get moving! It’s important and it’s fun!
- Building strength, stability, coordination, flexibility and body awareness