A Typical Day
On a typical day at CNS, you would observe:
- Children who are laughing, singing and joyful.
- Children playing in small groups using age appropriate materials.
- Teachers who hug, laugh and enjoy being with young children.
- Creative materials which reflect our rich curriculum.
- Children who are immersed in reading materials. Books are everywhere!
- Children who are using manipulatives to develop fine motor skills.
- Children who are creating beautiful artwork.
- Beloved classroom pets, such as hamsters and guinea pigs.
- An indoor play space where children ride tricycles, plasma cars, scooters and a multitude of other gross motor toys.
- A wonderful playground full of climbing structures, circle cycles, and climbing walls for the children to enjoy.
- Children singing in full groups or smaller groups, and throughout the day during transition times.
Each classroom features a generous supply of play and educational materials to expand social, conceptual, creative, and physical development.
Our private, sand-covered playground includes swing sets, slides, circular bikes, a climbing apparatus, a castle, a playhouse and a pirate ship.
Indoor Play Area
Our indoor play area is used daily. It is a spacious area filled with plasma cars, tricycles, scooters, tumbling mats, tunnels, and much more.
CNS has three separate bright and cheerful classrooms, a fully equipped kitchen, two bathrooms, an indoor gym facility and private playground located behind the school.